- EU launches projects with NGOs in Agriculture, Food Security & Nutrition
- Call for Proposal – Social Protection Guidelines
- GCCA+ Climate Resilient Coastal and Marine Zone Project for The Gambia
- Re-Advertised: Specific Terms of Reference – Simplified Tender Dossier
- Official Visit of the Coordinator of the Coordinator of the Scaling Up Nutrition
On May 22nd, an International Conference for The Gambia was held, jointly organised by the European Union and the Government of The Gambia. The Conference focused on confirming support to The Gambia in its democratic transition, as well as raising additional financial support for the implementation of its National Development Plan.
High Representative/Vice- President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development Neven Mimica co-chaired the conference together with the President of The Gambia, Adama Barrow. President Barrow presented the country’s reform agenda to high-level attendees from the European Union Member States, the international community as well as international organisations.
A total of €1.45 billion were mobilised by the Conference, with the EU’s pledge consisting of €140 million. This reinforced political and financial support by the international community will assist The Gambia in continuing its democratic transition, building on strong democratic institutions, the respect of human rights and the rule of law, and sustainable and shared economic growth.