- EU launches projects with NGOs in Agriculture, Food Security & Nutrition
- Call for Proposal – Social Protection Guidelines
- GCCA+ Climate Resilient Coastal and Marine Zone Project for The Gambia
- Re-Advertised: Specific Terms of Reference – Simplified Tender Dossier
- The International Conference for The Gambia raises €1.45 billion
Cash for Work ceremony and the “Agriculture for Economic Growth” project handing over ceremony, Jahally, CRR 16th May 2019.
The Minister of Agriculture, EU Ambassador and FAO Resident Representative met with Gambia rice farmers in Jahally, Central River Region yesterday. At the well-attended ceremony, the EU Ambassador praised the good work being undertaken in two large projects funded by the EU and both being implemented by the United Nations, with FAO taking the lead implementing role.
The Ambassador also recognised the important roles being played by UNICEF and WFP specifically in tackling food and nutrition insecurity. He underscored the important roles of the National Nutrition Agency (NaNA), the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare as well as the Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture (DOA), the National Seed Secretariat (NSS) and the Agriculture Department of Planning Service Unit (PSU) as well as regional Governors, Chiefs and the EUs counterpart National Authorising Office Support Unit (NAOSU).
At the ceremony, three Toyota pickups, 20 motorbikes and materials were handed over to the Ministry of Agriculture to support agriculture extension services. 12 rice threshers and 17 power tillers were also handed over to support increased production.’’